Thursday, September 25, 2014

Aern Calendar -- Sorry, not a real update.

The following is the calendar I use for the campaign -- the world is called "Aern", hence the title at the top. I figured I had better put it somewhere my players could get to it, as I've been planning to print a copy for them for ages, but those plans never seem to materialize.

The days in black are feast days, when the power of the god after whom the month is named are at their apex. So far, this has not been relevant in this campaign, since none of the PCs worship one of the top twelve gods, and the only feast day to pass has been that of Obad-Hai. There are no followers of Obad-Hai, Heironeous, or Tiamat in the area, so that's not going to be important for a while.

I didn't see why we would have a "Woden's Day" or a "Thor's Day" in a world where Thor and Woden were never even a thing, so I named the days of the week after the Quasi-Elemental Planes, because why not. Note that weeks are eight days long, and each month is only 26 days. This means "1/week" effects are slightly less useful, and "1/month" effects slightly more so.

Between the last day of Nerull and the first of Wee Jas, there is the Long Night -- a day where the sun does not rise, the moon is not visible in the sky, and divine power is completely nullified.

I don't know why there's a piece missing from the top left. It doesn't show up in the original document.


No comments:

Post a Comment